In common with previous years (although not for the last couple of years), I’ve decided to listen to all the Mercury Prize nominees and write up a brief review of each.
The shortlist is below. My aim is write a review per day over the next week and a bit. I probably won’t, but it’s good to have aims.
- Anohni - ‘Hopelessness’
- Bat For Lashes - ‘The Bride’
- David Bowie - ‘Blackstar’
- Jamie Woon - ‘Making Time’
- Kano - ‘Made in the Manor’
- Laura Mvula - ‘The Dreaming Room’
- Michael Kiwanuka - ‘Love & Hate’
- Radiohead - ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’
- Savages - ‘Adore Life’
- Skepta - ‘Konnichiwa’
- The 1975 - ‘I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it’
- The Comet Is Coming - ‘Channel the Spirits’